Saturday, May 1, 2010
A big congratulations to our five seniors! Julia Chauvin, Lauren Luther, Kate Phillips, Sophie Schacht, and Jen Sees ended a wonderful - but very short!- college softball career this afternoon against the Kenyon College Ladies.
To highlight just a few of their career accomplishments:
- Sophie Schacht is the career leader in games played and games started, having started every single game of her career.
- Julia Chauvin ends her career with 15 school records.
- Lauren Luther has the 3rd most at-bats (behind Sophie and Julia) and 2nd most career hits (behind Julia) of anyone in Oberlin College history.
- Jen Sees finishes her career as the program's third best pitcher.
- Kate Phillips holds the single season record for putouts and is 2nd in career putouts.
The day was made even more special with the attendance of our family, friends, and top fans: Ross Luther (who attended 119 of 129 games over four years) threw out the first pitch, Jessie Ullman (an honorary member of the softball team) shouted our team cheers from the sidelines, and Rocky (our newest mascot!) brought his boundless energy.
Thank you to our seniors for making this another wonderful season!