Thursday, September 17, 2009

New beginnings

I'm now into my third week of classes at Oberlin and almost a week into my first Fall Season. Between practices and team gatherings, I have to say that softball has really helped my transition to college. I haven't experienced the pressure of discovering what my place will be or what I will get involved with in college that most freshman feel. Everyone has been very welcoming and I have yet to feel like an awkward freshman.

As far as practices go, I'm really excited to be back on the field after a little time off. I don't feel like I've been having trouble keeping up with the team, with the exception of yesterday. Let's just say my leg press abilities could use a little work.... Besides my first timed mile, practices have been a lot of fun and it has been great to get back into the swing of things (pun intended).

Although I am 18 and officially an "adult," I do at times feel pretty young considering the fact that I'm playing with girls in their twenties. However, I know that being on a team with older girls will give me the opportunity to learn and grow from them.

Until next time,

Brittany Dawson, #4

No comments:

Post a Comment